Do you love shopping online but hate paying more than you should? Do you wish you could get cashback on your purchases and refunds on price drops? Do you want to save money without spending hours searching for deals and coupons?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might want to check out Earny. Earny is a shopping app that helps you save money in four different ways: cashback, price protection, watchlist, and late delivery compensation.
But what exactly is Earny and how does it work? What are the pros and cons of using Earny for your shopping? Who should use Earny and who should avoid it? And most importantly, is Earny worth it?
In this comprehensive review, we will answer all these questions and more. We will show you how to use Earny to save money on your shopping like a pro, how much money you can save with Earny, and whether Earny is safe and legit.
By the end of this review, you will have a clear idea of whether Earny is right for you and how to get started with it. So let’s dive in!
How to Use Earny to Save Money on Your Shopping Like a Pro
Earny is a shopping app that helps you save money in four different ways: cashback, price protection, watchlist, and late delivery compensation. Here’s how each of these features works and how to use them effectively.
How to sign up for Earny in minutes and link your email accounts
The first step to use Earny is to sign up for an account. You can do this by downloading the Earny app from the App Store or Google Play Store, or by installing the Earny browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
Once you have the app or the extension, you will need to create an account using your email address and password. You can also sign up with your Facebook or Google account.
The next step is to link your email accounts to Earny. This is a crucial step because Earny uses your email receipts to track your purchases and find price drops. You can link multiple email accounts to Earny, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, etc.
To link your email accounts, you will need to give Earny permission to access your email messages and settings, send email on your behalf, and manage drafts and send emails. This might sound scary, but don’t worry, we will explain more about the privacy and security of Earny later in this review.
Once you have linked your email accounts, you are ready to start saving money with Earny!
How to use the Earny app and browser extension to find the best cashback deals
One of the ways that Earny helps you save money is by offering cashback on your purchases from over 5,000 online retailers. These include popular stores like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Sephora, Nordstrom, and many more.
To earn cashback from Earny, you can use either the app or the browser extension. Here’s how:
- If you are using the app, you can browse through the list of retailers that offer cashback and tap on the one that you want to shop at. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website or app where you can shop as usual. You can also search for a specific retailer using the search bar at the top of the app.
- If you are using the browser extension, you can visit any retailer’s website that offers cashback and click on the Earny icon in your browser toolbar. This will show you how much cashback you can earn from that retailer and activate it for you. You can also use the browser extension to search for retailers that offer cashback by typing their name in the search box.
Once you have completed your purchase from a retailer that offers cashback, Earny will track it and credit it to your account within a few days. You can check your cashback balance and history in the app or the browser extension under the “Cash Back” tab.
How to use the Earny watchlist feature to track price drops and never miss a bargain
Another way that Earny helps you save money is by tracking price drops for items that you want to buy. This feature is called the watchlist and it allows you to add items from any online store to your personal list and get notified when their prices drop.
To use the watchlist feature, you can either use the app or the browser extension. Here’s how:
- If you are using the app, you can browse through the shop tab and tap on any retailer that you want to shop at. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website or app where you can find the item that you want to buy. Then, tap on the “Add to Watchlist” button at the bottom of the screen and confirm your selection. You can also search for a specific item using the search bar at the top of the app and add it to your watchlist.
- If you are using the browser extension, you can visit any retailer’s website that you want to shop at and find the item that you want to buy. Then, click on the Earny icon in your browser toolbar and select “Add to Watchlist”. You can also use the browser extension to search for items that you want to buy by typing their name in the search box.
Once you have added an item to your watchlist, Earny will start tracking its price history and alert you when its price drops. You can view your watchlist items in the app or the browser extension under the “Watchlist” tab. You can also edit or delete your watchlist items anytime.
The watchlist feature is currently enabled for Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Overstock, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap, and Bloomingdales with Amazon and Walmart coming soon.
The watchlist feature is a great way to save money on items that you want to buy but don’t need right away. You can wait for the best time to buy them and get them at a lower price than what you would have paid otherwise.
How to use the Earny price protection feature to get refunds automatically
Another way that Earny helps you save money is by offering price protection for your purchases. This means that if you buy something from a retailer that offers price protection and its price drops within a certain period of time after your purchase, Earny will file a claim on your behalf and get you a refund for the difference.
To use the price protection feature, you don’t need to do anything except linking your email accounts to Earny. As we mentioned earlier, Earny will scan your email receipts for purchases from retailers that offer price protection and track their prices in real-time. If it detects a price drop within the eligible time frame, it will automatically file a claim for you and notify you when your refund is processed.
The price protection feature works with over 15 retailers that offer price protection policies, such as Best Buy, Costco, Gap, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Target, Walmart, and more.
The price protection feature is a unique and powerful way to save money on your purchases without lifting a finger. You can get refunds for price drops that you might not even be aware of and enjoy peace of mind knowing that Earny has got your back.
How to use the Earny late delivery feature to get compensation from Amazon hassle-free
Another way that Earny helps you save money is by offering late delivery compensation for your Amazon purchases. This means that if you buy something from Amazon with guaranteed delivery date and it arrives late, Earny will send out a compensation claim to Amazon on your behalf and get you a partial refund or a free month of Prime membership.
To use the late delivery feature, you don’t need to do anything except linking your email accounts and your Amazon account to Earny. As we mentioned earlier, Earny will scan your email receipts for purchases from Amazon and track their delivery dates. If it detects a late delivery that violates Amazon’s shipping policy, it will automatically send an email to Amazon’s customer service and request compensation for you.
You can view your late delivery claims in the app or the browser extension under the “Late Delivery” tab. You can also edit or delete your claims anytime.
The late delivery feature works with any Amazon purchase that has a guaranteed delivery date, such as Prime orders, expedited shipping orders, or orders with a specific delivery date at checkout.
The late delivery feature is a convenient and easy way to save money on your Amazon purchases without having to deal with customer service yourself. You can get compensated for late deliveries that you might not even notice and enjoy faster and better service from Amazon.
How Much Money Can You Save with Earny? (Hint: A Lot!)
Now that you know how to use Earny to save money on your shopping, you might be wondering how much money you can actually save with Earny. Well, the answer depends on several factors, such as how often you shop online, what retailers you shop at, how much you spend on each purchase, how often prices drop after your purchase, how often your deliveries are late, and what kind of compensation you get.
However, to give you a general idea, here are some average numbers based on Earny’s data and user reviews:
- Cashback: You can earn up to 20% cashback from over 5,000 online retailers with Earny. The average cashback rate is around 5%, which means that if you spend $100 on a purchase, you can get $5 back. The average Earny user earns about $10 per month in cashback rewards.
- Price protection: You can get refunds for price drops within 30 to 90 days after your purchase from over 15 retailers that offer price protection policies with Earny. The average refund amount is around $8 per claim, which means that if you buy something for $100 and its price drops to $92 within the eligible time frame, you can get $8 back. The average Earny user gets about $75 per year in price protection refunds.
- Watchlist: You can track price drops for items that you want to buy from any online store with Earny. The average price drop percentage is around 10%, which means that if you add something to your watchlist for $100 and its price drops to $90 within a few days or weeks, you can save $10 by buying it at a lower price. The average Earny user saves about $50 per year by using the watchlist feature.
- Late delivery: You can get compensation for late deliveries from Amazon with Earny. The average compensation amount is around $5 per claim, which can be either a partial refund or a free month of Prime membership. The average Earny user gets about $25 per year in late delivery compensation.
As you can see, these numbers add up quickly and show that you can save a lot of money with Earny. Of course, these are just averages and your actual savings may vary depending on your shopping habits and preferences. But even if you only use one or two of Earny’s features, you can still save a significant amount of money on your shopping.
Is Earny Safe and Legit? (And What Are the Risks?)
By now, you might be impressed by Earny’s features and benefits and eager to try it out for yourself. But before you do that, you might also have some questions and concerns about Earny’s safety and legitimacy. After all, Earny requires access to your email accounts, your Amazon account, and your credit card information. Is it safe to give Earny all this information? Is Earny legit or a scam? And what are the risks and challenges of using Earny?
In this section, we will address these questions and more. We will explain how Earny protects your privacy and security, what are the potential risks and drawbacks of using Earny, what are the customer reviews and ratings of Earny, and what are the alternatives and competitors of Earny.
How does Earny protect your privacy and security?
One of the main concerns that people have about Earny is whether it is safe to give Earny access to their email accounts, their Amazon account, and their credit card information. After all, these are sensitive and personal data that could be misused or compromised by hackers or malicious actors.
The good news is that Earny takes your privacy and security very seriously. Here are some of the measures that Earny takes to protect your data:
- Earny uses bank-level encryption (256-bit SSL) to secure your data in transit and at rest.
- Earny does not store your email or Amazon passwords on its servers. Instead, it uses OAuth technology to access your accounts with your permission.
- Earny does not read or access any of your email messages that are not related to online purchases. It only scans your email receipts for order confirmation numbers, prices, delivery dates, and retailer names.
- Earny does not sell or share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes. It only uses your data to provide you with its services and improve its features.
- Earny complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding data protection, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in California.
- Earny allows you to delete your account and data anytime you want. You can also unlink your email accounts or Amazon account from Earny at any time.
What are the risks and challenges of using Earny?
While Earny is safe and legit, it is not perfect. There are some risks and challenges that you should be aware of before using Earny. Here are some of them:
- Earny charges a subscription fee for its price protection features. While this fee might be worth it if you shop online frequently and save a lot of money with Earny, it might not be worth it if you shop online rarely or don’t save much money with Earny. You should do the math and see if the fee makes sense for you.
- Earny does not guarantee that you will get refunds or compensation for price drops or late deliveries. Sometimes, retailers might reject or deny your claims for various reasons, such as policy changes, technical issues, or human errors. In that case, Earny will try to appeal or escalate your claims, but there is no guarantee that they will succeed.
- Earny does not work with all retailers or all purchases. Some retailers do not offer price protection policies or cashback deals. Some purchases might not be eligible for refunds or compensation due to exclusions or limitations. You should check the retailer’s website or contact their customer service for more details before making a purchase.
- Earny might affect your email inbox performance or storage space. Since Earny scans your email receipts for purchases, it might slow down your email loading speed or take up some of your email storage space. You can avoid this by creating a separate email account for online shopping or deleting old receipts after getting refunds or compensation.
These are some of the potential risks and challenges of using Earny. They are not deal-breakers, but they are something to keep in mind when deciding whether to use Earny or not.
What are the customer reviews and ratings of Earny?
Another way to evaluate whether Earny is worth it is to look at what other customers have to say about it. You can find customer reviews and ratings of Earny on various platforms, such as app stores, review sites, social media, blogs, etc.
Here are some of the common themes and feedback that we found from customer reviews and ratings of Earny:
- Positive reviews: Many customers praised Earny for helping them save money on their purchases without much effort. They liked how Earny automatically tracked their purchases and filed claims for them. They also appreciated how Earny notified them of price drops and cashback deals. Some customers also shared their success stories of getting refunds or compensation from Earny.
- Negative reviews: Some customers complained about Earny’s subscription fee and how it reduced their savings. They felt that Earny was not transparent or fair about its fee structure and how it deducted its commission from their refunds. Some customers also reported technical issues with Earny’s app or browser extension, such as glitches, errors, or crashes. Some customers also expressed concerns about Earny’s privacy and security practices and how it accessed their email accounts.
Overall, Earny has mixed reviews and ratings from its customers. It has a 3.5 rating out of 5 on the Google Chrome web store, with over 30,000 users. It has a 4.6 rating out of 5 on the Apple App Store, with over 15,000 ratings. It has a 3.8 rating out of 5 on Trustpilot, with over 100 reviews.
These ratings suggest that Earny has some satisfied customers who have benefited from its services, but also some unhappy customers who have encountered problems or challenges with Earny.
What are the alternatives and competitors of Earny?
Earny is not the only shopping app that helps you save money on your purchases. There are many alternatives and competitors of Earny that offer similar or different features and benefits. Here are some of them:
- Paribus: Paribus is a free app that monitors your online purchases and requests refunds for you when prices drop. It works with over 25 retailers that offer price protection policies, such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, Costco, etc. It also helps you get compensation for late deliveries from Amazon or Walmart.
- Capital One Shopping: Capital One Shopping is a free browser extension that helps you find the best prices and coupons for your online shopping. It compares prices across thousands of online stores and shows you the best deals. It also offers cashback rewards from hundreds of partner retailers.
- Rakuten: Rakuten is a free app and browser extension that offers cashback rewards from over 2,500 online stores. It also provides coupons, deals, and discounts for your online shopping. You can earn up to 40% cashback from Rakuten’s partner retailers.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is a free app and website that pays you to do various online activities, such as taking surveys, watching videos, playing games, etc. It also offers cashback rewards from over 1,500 online stores. You can earn up to 20% cashback from Swagbucks’ partner retailers.
These are some of the alternatives and competitors of Earny that you can try if you want to save money on your online shopping. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you should compare them carefully and see which one suits your needs and preferences better.
To sum it up, after reading this review, you should now have a good understanding of Earny and what it has to offer. While it’s a great app for those who want to save money effortlessly, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s not perfect and has some limitations such as subscription fees and no guarantees for refunds or compensation.
Before making any decisions, take the time to compare Earny with other similar apps, and carefully weigh the pros and cons. Always do your research and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
I hope this review has been helpful and informative, and that you can now make an informed decision about whether or not Earny is the right choice for your shopping needs. Happy shopping and saving!